Tuesday, February 12, 2019

SQUIRRELS & CROWS
Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The hawk has definitely made his mark on my feeders - once again the only critters I saw out there were squirrels and crows, and the squirrels are definitely jumpy (though I think that's more due to the local cats than the Coopers hawk... he's on the small side to take down my fat squirrels.)

Another reason I think the cats have been raiding the backyard (other than my seeing them do so) is the way the squirrels sit up at the top of the fence. I would think that would leave them pretty easy targets for aerial hunters.

I nicknamed this one Frosty the Snow Squirrel, though when I sent the picture to Ann she said he's Wilson from Home Improvement - though somehow I doubt the squirrel is thinking "Hidey ho, good neighbor!"