Sunday, March 08, 2020

ANOTHER TEASER FOR SPRING
+ HURRAY FOR DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

7.3 Mile Run in the Albany Pine Bush (Madison Avenue Pinelands & Great Dune)
Sunday, March 8, 2020


The original plan was to drive to Bolton CT for a race today... but as I thought more about the prospect of spending 4.5 hours in the car on a really pleasant day - it just didn't make sense. So I stayed local and spent part of the late afternoon hauling my sore legs (I guess I worked hard yesterday) up and down hills in the Pine Bush.

I always have mixed feelings about running in the Pine Bush, just because it has changed so much in the last 20 years, and I'm not convinced all of those changes have been for the better. But different or not, it's still a good place for running relatively soft, non-technical trails. The warm weather meant there were lots of birds, squirrels, and chipmunks out and about too.

I even got to hear a barred owl calling as I was changing shoes after I'd finished...

JMH