Wednesday, June 22, 2022

KEEP MOVING FORWARD 2022 - Race #55
Summer Solstice 8.5mi Trail Race
(+1.5 Miles of Walking To/From the Start)
Wednesday, June 22, 2022


I realized yesterday that I first did the Summer Solstice 14k at Minnewaska 23 years ago. Checked after I got back and I've run it 13 times in those 23 years, which means it's tied with the Indian Ladder 15k as the race I've run most often (though I started running Indian Ladder a year earlier, in 2018.)

This year it looks like Indian Ladder is gone - they were having difficulty finding RD's even before the pandemic - and that I ran the "true" Solstice course for the last time (as a race) in 2018 - in 2019 the race was held at the Mohonk Preserve due to construction at Minnewaska, and apparently now that the Visitors Center is there, the start/finish of the races has been moved to a less busy location.

(I say "as a race" because I'm hoping to go down there next week and run the old course - maybe even in the evening.)

JMH

2022 Event Totals
Run 266.6 mi, 58 hr 25 min
Bike 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min
Snowshoe 6.3 mi, 1 hr 35 min
Kayak 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min

states visited: NJ, NY, RI