Tuesday, February 28, 2023

KEEP MOVING FORWARD 2023 - Race #13
BURCS Satan's Sidewalk Frozen Folly 66.6hr 
Saturday, Feb 25 to Tuesday, Feb 28, 2023

Another event from the twisted minds of the BURCS RDs - this one a 66.6 hr treadmill event and the Frozen Folly outdoor version. Once the clock starts, you have 66.6 hrs to cover as many miles as you can.

I had originally planned to do my miles last weekend by running the Lake Effect Half Marathon & the Cabin Fever 10 mi trail race, with the addition of several walks and running the Winter Warrior 6.5mi course at MCCC... my goal was to cover at least 40 miles (after all, last month I covered a little over 50k in 24 hours, and this is almost 3 times the amount of time.) Unfortunately, Friday night I injured myself and running was out of the question - initially I was finding it exhausting to even walk 1-2 miles. But as the week progressed I was feeling decent enough that running very slowly and carefully (no twisting or jarring motions, and no heavy breathing) seemed doable, and so Saturday afternoon found me attempting a slow "easy" run, and from there I started coverng some distance. (Having a snow day on Tuesday definitely helped, since it meant I could start a little later and not have to squeeze in my final miles/hours before heading to school for the day.)

Here's what my mileage looked like:

Sat 2/25 - 5.2 Mile run at Schodack Island State Park



Sun 2/26 - 7.9 Mile run at the Lake Waramaug Polar Bear Road Race + 1.3 Mile of walking before and after the race


Sun 2/26 - 1.5 Mile walk to Bash Bish Falls at Taconic State Park



Sun 2/26 - 3.3 Mile walk on the Harlem Valley Rail Trail (Hillsdale)



Mon 2/27 - 5.6 Mile walk to Buckingham Pond & Back



Mon 2/27 - 2.6 Mile walk around the Pine Hills neighborhood



Tues 2/28 - 4.2 Mile walk to Washington Park & Back




So in the end I ran and walked 31.6  miles with a moving time of 10 hrs 48 min and a total time from start to final finish of about 65.5 hrs. Less than I originally planned but more than I expected after I got hurt.

2023 Event Totals
Run 102.3 mi, 28 hr 48 min
Bike 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min
Snowshoe 0 mi, 0 min
Kayak 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min