Saturday, February 17, 2024

FINALLY!
STEPPING IT UP 2024 - Race #14
Lake Effect Half Marathon Road Race
Saturday, February 17, 2024


"FINALLY!" because while I've signed up to run this race multiple times and have even run the original half course at Onondaga Lake Park and the current 6.55mi course in Minoa "solo" to complete the race virtually - I've never run a live Lake Effect Half. Last year I even got all the way to Syracuse the night before - and ended up injured and unable to run. So I'm pleased to have finally completed this one "for real... even if doing so convinced me that I'll need a compelling reason to run the half again (much like the Winter Warrior Half back in January, I just don't find the course appealing... so for both races I'll likely stick to just doing the quarter marathons instead.)

I was a little disappointed to find out that they had to take down the giant inflatable yeti before I finished... I really wanted to get a photo of that, but didn't get there early enough to get one before the race started.


2023 Event Totals
Run 100.6 mi, 27 hr 33 min
Bike 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min
Snowshoe 5.8 mi, 1 hr 37 min
Kayak 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min

STATES: NY