Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Season of the (NO) SnōShū, weekends #7 & #8

Brave the Blizzard/Bummer No Blizzard
3.5mi Trail Race (MISSED)
Saturday, February 11, 2006


Camp Saratoga 8K Snowshoe Race - CANCELLED
Saturday, February 18, 2006

I passed on running the Brave the Blizzard 3.5 mile trail race because (1) we had a busy Saturday at the karate school, between classes in the morning and the Family Activity Day at Latham Circle Mall in the late morning & afternoon, and (2) I run those trails all the time. It sounds like they had a good time, but I still think my morning was better spent at karate.

Just got word that the Camp Saratoga 8k race has been cancelled because the trails are wall-to-wall ice. Oh, well. The Curse of the No SnōShū continues...

We'll just have to wait and see if the Greylock Snowshoe Races happen next weekend... I'm hoping I can get in some time on the snowshoes this weekend out in Rochester, since running an 8 mile race in them could be fairly painful otherwise...

JMH

2006 racing totals
snowshoe – 3 miles, 59.5 min
running – 7.1 miles, 1 hr 17 min
riding - 12.4 miles, 1 hr 1 min