Monday, July 03, 2006

A Little Hiking, A Little Biking
Sunday, July 2, 2006

photo slideshow



Ann and I headed over to Webster Park (site of the Lake Effect Snowshoe Duathlon back in January) and wandered some of the trails this afternoon. What a great place! I liked it in January, in the rain and mud, and I liked it today, too. I'll have to try to get in a run there this summer. Afterwards we headed over to the lakefront and walked out on the fishing pier - it was breezy so we had some nice waves coming from the western side. Also got to see a duck with group of fuzzy yellow ducklings snoozing on the rocks...





Once we got home Ann headed to the ambulance base for EMS duty squad and I hit the road on my bike for a 22 mile ride... started out feeling more than a bit fried but gratifyingly hammered out the last five miles or so. That felt good.



JMH