Sunday, November 19, 2006

LONG RUN ON A GREY DRIZZLY DAY
10 1/4 Miles in the Corning Preserve and Schuyler Flatts Park
Sunday, November 19, 2006

Knew I wanted to get in a longer run today, but wasn't rally sure where... in the end, I decided I didn't feel like doing a lot of driving and ruled out Thacher and both the Mohawk-Hudson Bike Paths. After a bit of thought, I headed down to the Corning Preserve, where I knew I could get in at least 8.5 miles along with some extra if I wanted.

Started out in a chilly light drizzle and was once again grateful for the rainjacket I bought back in early October. The run out to Watervliet felt decent, so I decided to head over to the Schuyler Flatts Cultural Park and extend the distance a bit. The gradual downhill to the park felt good - of course, running back up it on the return was less fun! On the way back I decided to push my pace a bit, and I think I managed between 12 and 13 minute miles most of the way back.

Between the distance and the pace I tried to maintain, it was a tough run, but well worth it... and the longest training run I've done since The Crash. Many of my injuries still hurt after a tough run, but I am definitely getting some of my old strength back and continuing to extend my longer distances and pace... there's hope I might manage to regain some of what I lost to being injured and complete some of those longer distance races in 2007!

JMH