Monday, August 27, 2007

7.5 Mile Run Along the Mohawk-Hudson Bike Path
Monday, August 27, 2007

Going home,
when the summer's coming in,
And the moonlight on the
river,
show's me where I've been...

-"Going Home" Runrig, Day of
Days
(2004)

As I ran down the bike path along the river, watching the full moon rise and then light the path for the final couple of miles of my run, I couldn't help thinking of the opening song on Runrig's Day of Days CD, which collects songs from their live performance at Stirling Castle in 2003 celebrating the 30th anniversary of the band.

Despite my left knee being a bit sore, I had a pretty good run this evening. Even ran up the hill along the old landfill, down into the park, and then back down the hill on my way back... that hill was the site of the Crash last August, and this is the first time I've run down it since then (I've ridden down it a couple of times this year.) I can happily report that I did not crash as I ran down it tonight!

JMH