Friday, September 21, 2007

10.1 Mile Ride Along the Back Roads of Colonie
Thursday, September 20, 2007

I must admit, I'm feeling like a serious slacker this week... no running (other than the little 26 miler I did on Sunday) so far and only two relatively short rides... of course, riding is going to get tougher and tougher with sunset creeping up earlier and earlier. (Before long it'll be time to break out the lights and ride the bike path on my ATB in the dark...)

After running a few errands, I hit the road for a short ride before classes started... rode my short loop out Albany Street and over toward the Pine Bush. I haven't been out on those roads since spring... I typically ride there when I'm pressed for time on a class night, and that's generally not an issue during the summer. Kept up a pretty good pace, motivated by wanting to be back before class started.

My legs were feeling pretty good on the level stretches and downhills, but as soon as I hit an uphill they reminded me that we'd done a marathon on Sunday... guess I'm still recovering!

Just before getting back to Rt 155, I passed a yard with a flock of turkeys wandering through... it's incredible how those guys have come back over the last 15 years or so.

JMH