Tuesday, October 30, 2007

14.2 Mile Ride Along the Mohawk-Hudson Bike Path
Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another gorgeous fall day today, though it was getting dark by the time I got to the Niskayuna Lions Park and started pedaling west. I was feeling ambitious, so I climbed the hills almost all the way to GE R&D... on the way back it was time to hit the lights.

I guess I'm getting better at judging clothing, because today I was mostly warm enough, between tights, a fleece vest and windbreaker, and thin gloves under my riding gloves... toward the latter parts of the ride I was thinking one of my earbands would have been nice, but it really wasn't a big deal.

When I got back to the parking lot, I found it full of activity... apparently a group had been kayaking on the river and was packing their boats on their vehicles. Lots of headlamps... definitely a busy crew. And they reminded me that I want to take up kayaking in my ample free time!

JMH