Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Short Hike on the Indian Ladder Trail at Thacher State Park
Sunday, October 28, 2007

As I staggered back to the car to change into dry clothes and enjoy some much-needed Diet Coke carbonated goodness, I found myself thinking about what a beautiful day it was, and how I hadn't been to Roemer's High Point on the Long Path this year. Fortunately, by the time I had slowly staggered back up to race HQ, I convinced myself that non-stop uphill for 1-2 miles, followed by non-stop downhill, was a really dumb idea.


click for a larger view

So I walked the Indian Ladder Trail instead. It was simply too nice a day to spend the rest of the afternoon indoors...







There were quite a few other folks on the trail, but that's to be expected on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Mine Lot Falls had a nice flow of water, but Outlet Falls was dry... still, I always enjoy walking along the base of the cliffs, and the views can't be beat! The only thing that would have made it even better would have been if Ann could be there to share the walk (though, since we've walked that trail three or four times, I think she gets a little bit bored with it fairly quickly.)







A pleasant wrap-up to today's trip to Thacher... I'll have to get up to Roemer's High Point some other time before the end of the year!







JMH