Friday, February 29, 2008

Hawley Kiln Postponed...
Friday, February 29, 2008

I'd been wondering if I was going to do two snowshoe races or one this weekend - I'd already ruled out a trip south to Rock Hill, NY, to run the Celebrate Life Half Marathon road race on Sunday - but now I no longer need to decide - Saturday's race has been moved to Sunday in light of the storm that's supposed to dump substantial amounts of fresh snow on the Berkshires. So only one race this weekend.

And while it's only a 5 mile course, the fresh snow could make it a doozy... RD Ed noted that marking the course yesterday with the 10 inches of fresh snow that fell Tuesday took 2 1/2 hours... yikes!

But now maybe I can sneak in a short run of some sort tonight after I get back from the NAIS conference in NYC... and wonder of wonders, I may actually be at the Saturday morning karate classes tomorrow.

JMH