Tuesday, February 12, 2008

SNOW FALLING IN THE WOODS
4.2 Mile Run in the Pine Bush
Tuesday, February 12, 2008

After over a week of first being sick and then not wanting to freeze my backside off, I finally laced up my running shoes and hit the trails again. Naturally, my first time back on the trails coincided with a snowstorm! Fortunately, my screw shoes were up to the task, at least until the snow starting getting a little bit deeper, and by then I was almost done running.

I definitely felt the effects of the time off... combined with the increasingly difficult footing as more snow fell, tonight's run started off feeling pretty good and ended up feeling like work!

Right now the forecast is calling for rain tomorrow, so even if I end up with a day off I'll probably stay indoors. But maybe it will let up early enough that I can get out for another short run in the evening.

JMH