Wednesday, April 02, 2008

8.8 Mile Run Around Albany
Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I had originally planned to head over to the Pine Bush tonight, but I pottered around too much after work and decided to save myself 40 minutes of driving by running around here instead.

At first I didn't think this was going to be a good night... it was chilly with a fairly nasty wind (one of the reasons I'd wanted to run in the woods) and my legs felt more than a bit sluggish at first. My first indication that the run was going well was looking down at my watch and discovering that I'd overshot my time to take a walking break by 5 minutes. The same thing happened at just about every other walking break too.

My legs did start to grumble a bit during the last mile or so, but all in all this was a great run, and a good confidence builder for Sunday's 15k on the roads of Mendon... maybe the last few miles of that won't be as grueling as I've been thinking!

JMH