Thursday, April 03, 2008

9.6 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Thursday, April 3, 2008

Not a lot of time between work and karate classes tonight, but it was a sunny day (though windy and thus a bit chilly) so I definitely wanted to get out on my bike and headed over to the bike path for a short ride.

I ended up going a short ways in both directions out of the Niskayuna Lions Park - east to the crossing at Forts Ferry Rd, and then west to Lock 7.

Initially I didn't spot a lot of wildlife, other than the typical geese, robins, and red-winged blackbirds, but later over at Lock 7 there was a group of diving ducks swimming near the top of the Lock 7 dam, and then on my way back to the park I spotted a large muskrat swimming at a good clip and a little further on a group of mergansers and possibly a pair of ring-necked ducks... unfortunately at that point it was getting too dark for me to get anything resembling clear pictures even with manual focus, and I didn't have my binoculars with me to get a closer look.

JMH