Sunday, April 06, 2008

A Short Walk at Genesee Valley Park
Sunday, April 6, 2008

After spending about an hour doing spring maintenance on Ann's bike so she can start riding it to work again (tires, tubes, lube, etc) we headed over to Genesee Valley Park for a walk before I had to hit the road to Albany. What a difference from when I walked there three weeks ago... there were lots of folks out enjoying the warm sunny day. (I must admit, I enjoyed the quiet back when the weather was colder!)

The river was pretty high and very muddy, so not much to see there... a few ducks and plenty of gulls, but that was it. We did see some very large fish swimming in the creek over neat the golf course, both at the beginning and the end of our walk.

I also felt the effects of this morning's run more and more the further we went - especially going up and down hills!

JMH