Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A NOT-SO-BEAUTIFUL OCTOBER EVENING
Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ditched my run last night because I was tired and sore, and it was dark, damp, and cold outside... of course, as I watched the rain come down in buckets during the day today I kind of wished I hadn't done that. But then the rain turned to wet snow and I felt a bit better about the prospects of a run this evening... it's always fun to run during some of the early snow falls...

Unfortunately, by the time I hit the pavement it had turned back to rain. And the wind had picked up in a big way. As I did my warmup walk down the street and felt my hands going numb despite my gloves, I found it very easy to give my battered legs one more rest day... turned around two blocks away and came back home. Tonight's not fit for man nor beast... I'm not always sure which one I am, but at least tonight I had the sense to come in out of the rain while I could still almost feel my hands...

JMH