Sunday, November 23, 2008

TRAVELLIN' TURTLE - 2 DAYS, 4 STATES, Part 4
(New London, CT to Charlestown, RI)
Sunday, November 23, 2008

Had a little bit of trouble getting to sleep, so I ditched my plans to visit Ninigret Park and the Ninigret National Wildlife Refuge before going to the race so that I could sleep a bit later. Had a fairly relaxed morning, with the only real annoyance being a total lack of hot water... good thing I didn't do anything really dirty or smelly yesterday.

Then it was time to bid New London good-bye and drive over to Burlingame Park in Charlestown, RI. I must say it was a much more relaxed trip than back in 2005, when I drove there from Albany the morning of the race. I even got there early enough that I didn't need to be creative about parking (this race attracts enough runners that it almost overflows the parking lot.)

JMH