Sunday, February 22, 2009

BEING SICK SUCKS, Part 2 -
Hallockville Orchard 3.8 Mile Snowshoe Race DNS
Sunday, February 22, 2009

I set the alarm to go off this morning in time for me to make it to West Hawley if I was feeling well enough... if the race had been only half an hour away I might have gone, but the 3 1/2 hours round trip drive combined with how I was feeling to convince me that staying home today was the better plan.

So instead of close to 16.5 miles of snowshoeing this weekend I ended up spending a good part of both days sick in bed. Bleah.

But, with a little luck, taking it easy this weekend will pay off next weekend, with the Hawley Kiln Klassic snowshoe race in Hawley, MA, on Saturday morning, and then a trip to Maine for the Pineland Farms Winter Triathlon on Sunday. I'll just have to wait and see...

JMH