Friday, February 13, 2009

MOOSE STOMPS DUATHLON?
Friday, February 13, 2009

For a while now I've been planning to head to Richmond, VA, the last weekend of April for the National Duathlon Festival, with the intention of doing an off-road race on Saturday and an on-road race on Sunday. I've really enjoyed all the du's I've done and it seemed like a fun opportunity, especially since they're trying to build interest in the sport and there are no qualifying standards that need to be met.

Unfortunately, the Muddy Moose 14 mile trail race in NH has been scheduled for the same weekend, and I've been wanting to do that for several years now... I even signed up for the last two years and didn't go, first because I wasn't in good enough shape and then last year because the race was moved to mid-May due to too much snow on the course and I ended up heading to western NY that weekend.

Suddenly I'm finding myself thinking about the expense of the National Du Festival, the 17 hour round trip drive, the possibility of bad weather that weekend... and so on. Perhaps that's my way of telling myself that I really would rather tackle the Muddy Moose instead, and maybe do the National Du's another year...

Decisions, decisions.

JMH