Friday, July 10, 2009

2.1 Mile Walk at Ann Lee Pond Nature Preserve
Thursday, July 9, 2009

Got my backside in gear too late to go for a ride, so on my way to class I stopped at Ann Lee Pond to do a quick walk... headed back to the beaver pond in hopes of seeing some of the furry builders, but no luck... just LOTS of mosquitoes and deer flies. I did startle a mallard with almost-grown youngsters and a wood duck with ducklings - guess they don't see a lot of people back there. There were also enough ripples in the water when I crossed the "crazy bridge" (maybe it was level once but it certainly isn't now!) that I'm guessing I startled a few fish too.

When I got back to the car I looked across the road into the orchard and saw something sitting up under the trees... turned out to be a woodchuck chowing down on an apple!

JMH