Saturday, November 21, 2009

$#@**$*!! KNEE...
6 Mile Run in Albany
Saturday, November 21, 2009

Woke up this morning and decided to cancel my car rental reservation and skip the trip to RI for the Lil Rhody Runaround trail race... as much as I enjoy that race, I have a lot of work to do this weekend and spending 7 hours driving there and back just doesn't make sense, especially given that the work I need to get done means I wouldn't have time to stop anywhere else along the way, either to visit other parks or stop by to see friends. Maybe next year...

Instead I decided to get in a run today and hopefully a ride tomorrow. I really didn't feel like driving anywhere, so I ran out to Buckingham Lake and then over to work to pick up the power cord for my laptop. I was actually feeling pretty decent and thinking that I'm starting to make slight progress toward getting back into shape when my left knee felt like someone jammed a needle into the side of it, in the spot I injured back in June. I managed to run/hobble the 1.5 miles home... not fun. Now it just remains to be seen if it will stabilize in a few days or if I'm looking at more time off.

Sigh. Maybe I should have stuck with my original plan and gone to RI...

JMH