Wednesday, July 07, 2010

6.5 Mile Run in the Albany Pine Bush
Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Another day spent trying not to melt into a puddle of goo and sweat... I briefly considered riding my bike again this evening, but decided I really wanted to get out for a run, so I headed over to the section of the Pine Bush I know the best (so I wouldn't need a light when it started to get dim...)

I was drenched fairly quickly, but it still wasn't as bad as it would have been earlier in the day. And it felt really good to be out on the trails for a little while. I even spotted a couple of deer along the way.

I thought about staying out for another mile or so but decided instead to stop while it was still feeling pretty decent... I used up all the water in my bottle before I finished, and I suspect I would have felt the lack of fluids pretty quickly had I kept going. Now I just need to get in a longer run either tomorrow or Friday.

JMH