Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Another Shot at a Longer Du
Wednesday, September 8, 2010

... and in Ohio to boot... though this time in Akron, which is quite a bit closer to Rochester. Still a lot of driving that weekend, but 8-9 hours less than the round trip to Heuston Woods back in August.

So Sept. 18 I'll be heading to Akron for the Portage Lakes Olympic Distance Duathlon. And afterwards I'll make a rather long drive back to Albany so I can be at work Monday morning. Wahoo...

Thinking about it, while this will be the longest du I've ever done, it's actually not that much longer than the Rochester Autumn Classic F1, which I've done 5 times now... just an additional 3 miles of running and 5 miles of riding. Hmm... looks like I'll have to move up to a Half Iron du (!) if I ever want to go significantly longer... and I'm definitely not going to be ready for that challenge anytime soon.

JMH