Thursday, October 14, 2010

11 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Thursday, October 14, 2010

Good thing I remembered to bring a light, since I did half my ride tonight in the dark... two more months of nightfall creeping earlier and earlier, almost four of running and riding primarily in the dark when I go out in the evening. Oh, well, I guess it helps me appreciate the long days of spring and summer that much more.

Lots of ducks on the river and a few geese... even saw and heard a couple of herons.

I was hoping I'd beat the rain but no such luck... it started about a third of the way into the ride and increased in intensity as I kept riding. Stopped at the car on my way back through the Nisky Lions Park to trade my windbreaker for a rainjacket... good thing, too, since it really picked up after that. I knew my tights were getting soaked when I could feel water running down the fronts of my shins... brrr.

I'd like to get in another short ride tomorrow but if it rains like the weather forecast is calling for... I'll have to settle for a run instead.

JMH