Sunday, January 02, 2011

1.4 Mile Walk at Colonie Mohawk River Park
Sunday, January 2, 2011

Still had some energy left and it seemed like a shame to waste a decent January day, so I stopped at the Colonie Mohawk River Park on my way to the Clifton Park Borders (my last errand before heading home for the day.) Nothing fancy... just walked the road down to the picnic area and boat launch, then walked back to the car. Snowmobilers have been going through the park, which is annoying... though at this point we're down to just patches of snow here and there, so I guess they're out of luck until we get another decent storm. Spotted a few birds here and there and an occasional squirrel, but overall it was pretty quiet. Since it was getting near sundown, the gulls were flocking toward wherever they go to spend the night... whenever I looked up in the sky I saw groups of them soaring overhead.

One plus - now that we're past the winter solstice the days have lengthened noticeably... I got back to the car around 4:30 and it was still pretty bright outside. We gain about a minute a day at this point; I'm looking forward to being able to get outside after work and still have some daylight left to enjoy.

JMH