Monday, January 03, 2011

And the Torture Arrives Quickly...
Monday, January 3, 2011

Tweaked a muscle in my lower back this morning as I was getting dressed for work... so much for going for a run tonight. Sitting is OK (mild ache) and walking is OK once I've been up and moving around for a bit, but going between the two (or doing anything ambitious like twisting or bending over when I'm up) is, as they say, no fun at all. So I decided to forego a walk tonight in favor of some Icy Hot and spending some time flat on my back...

With luck it will relax fairly quickly and I can get back to enjoying movement a bit more than I do right now.

One thing I do find about injuries like this (or my broken ribs back in 2006) - they always give me a new (and sadly shirt-lived) appreciation for being able to do normal, day-to-day activities pain-free. Which for me is the norm, and I can definitely be grateful for that.

JMH