Friday, October 07, 2011

8.3 Mile Run in the Albany Pine Bush
Friday, October 7, 2011

Haven't been to the Pine Bush very much this year, in part because I know that it's one of the main places I'll be running once late fall and winter are here and it's dark pretty much by the time I get out of work. But I did want to get out for a run tonight, and I didn't want to drive very far - so off I went to the Washington Ave Extension trailhead to spend some time in what's probably the largest section of the preserve.

Preserve staff has clearly done the fall brush-hogging of the trails - all the main trails were pretty clear, and there were abundant tire gouges and demolished small trees and bushes along the edges of the trails. I ran most of the main trails, and made it about halfway through before I had to break out my headlamp. I considered doing another mile or two toward the end but decided that in light of my bruised foot (which is still bruised but at least my ankle's no longer swollen) and an upcoming long run on either Sunday or Monday, taking it a little easier tonight was probably a good plan. But it did feel good to be out on the trails on a chilly fall evening.

JMH