Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DECISION TIME...
Tuesday, September 25, 2012

... though more in the line of "figured out what I'm going to do".

After missing the Rochester Marathon last Sunday, I had originally figured I'd stay east this coming weekend and run Nipmuck, as an indicator of where I'm at, distance-wise. But as I was walking tonight I was struck by the thought that I'd really much rather do the Autumn Classic duathlon as I'd originally planned - both because it wouldn't leave me anywhere near as wiped out afterwards and because it would put far fewer restrictions on what running I can do this week. And bottom line - right now the du will just be more fun than Nipmuck (at which I'd probably have a struggle on my hands to meet all three time cutoffs.) As a bonus, I'll also get to spend time with Ann again this weekend, and the following weekend I can stay local and run Monroe Dunbar Brook on Sunday - I had especially wanted to do that this year because I'm hoping to be in Ohio next year on Columbus Day weekend, running the Towpath Marathon.

I've also decided to run the Empire State Marathon in Syracuse on October 21, for a number of reasons I'm not going to list hear - but not the least of which is, I'll finally be running a marathon this fall, even if a month later than I had originally planned. That race also fits nicely in to some of Ann's weekend commitments for October, which means I'll get to see her before November arrives.

And I'm 99% sure I'm going to tackle the Seashore Nature Trail 50k down in VA again in December, despite the additional complications of having a week of work between the weekend of the race and the start of our winter break at school.

Sounds like I better get off my backside and do some running...

JMH