Saturday, November 17, 2012

"LOOK! AN EAGLE!"
11.2 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Saturday, November 17, 2012

Couldn't muster up much enthusiasm for a ride today... didn't help that I was slightly under-dressed so my upper body was a little chilly the whole time, and I generally find the hats/neck gaiters/earbands I wear somewhat uncomfortable under my bike helmet (the straps are a little short, so even a thin hat underneath is a tight fit.) For a while I wondered if I might have been better off going for a walk instead.

But then I saw an eagle perched in one of the trees below the Lock 7 dam - that was cool, for a while I saw eagles almost every time I went to the bike path, but the last two years they've been mostly absent. And on the way back I spotted a female bufflehead near the Niska Isle bridge. That convinced me to tough it out a little longer - but only a little.

This colder weather's going to take some getting used to... at least until we get snow and ice and riding becomes too risky.

JMH