Friday, August 30, 2013

BEGINNING OF THE END...
20.2 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path & Through Colonie Mohawk River Park
Friday, August 30, 2013

As in - the end of my summer break, since we have our first day of meetings next Tuesday. So it seemed fitting that I ride the section of the bike path that I was probably on most often this summer, from the Niskayuna Lions Park over to Colonie Mohawk River Park and Fonda Rd, then almost to the base of the old landfill before heading back to the car.
















It was getting dark when  I finished, right around 8 PM... another sign that summer draws to a close. Back at the start of break I could have been out until almost 9:30 before it got dark.
















Other than in one or two spots, the bike path was pretty quiet... a few riders and a few walkers. There was almost nobody at the park in Colonie.
















All in all, a pretty uneventful ride to begin wrapping up my summer break... but it was still good to be riding, considering that two days ago I was wondering how long my spasming lower back would have me laid up.




















JMH