Friday, January 08, 2016

14 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path & Lock 7 Road
Friday, January 8, 2016

The warm weather and lack of snow may be lousy for snowshoeing and skiing, but it definitely creates some nice opportunities for January riding. Usually this time of year I'd be mostly limited to riding back and forth on the two sections of bike path that get plowed, but tonight I was able to ride between Lock 7 and almost to the top of the hill past the Colonie water treatment facility, with only a couple of spots where I had to stop and walk over some ice. Even with temperatures in the high 30's it was chilly at first, but I was sweating by the time I started back on Lock 7 Road and I might have kept going for a few more miles except I didn't want to fry my legs before going for a run tomorrow.

Of course, last winter started out warm with little snow too... and then we had snow, ice, and frigid temperatures well into April. Time will tell what this winter has in store for us...

JMH