Monday, April 04, 2016

FEBRUARY PAYS A VISIT...
1.6 Mile Walk Around the Pine Hills Neighborhood
Monday, April 4, 2016

Woke up to more snow, as expected from the forecast... what was unexpected was that the storm continued all day. But even with the extended duration, we only ended up with about six inches or so, which will undoubtedly be gone in a couple of days. Still, with the temperature hovering right around freezing and the air very damp, the sidewalks were pretty slick in spots.

The birds definitely appreciated the feeders in the backyard... I filled them when I got home, and when I looked out the window an hour or so later, there were at least two dozen sparrows, two or three grackles, three or four mourning doves, a couple of starlings, and surprisingly, a red-winged blackbird all chowing down on all the seed they could get. I ended up refilling the feeders again before heading out for my short walk.

JMH