Tuesday, April 05, 2016

10.2 Mile Ride Through the Corning Preserve
Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A shorter ride tonight than I would have preferred, for a couple of reasons:
  • while it was sunny and warmer today than the past two days - it was still pretty chilly, so I really wasn't that enthused about a lengthy ride
  • my legs are definitely still tired from Sunday's slog through the snow
  • since I wasn't sure what condition the Corning Preserve path would be in, I took my mountain bike, which is heavier and more tiring to ride than my road bike
As it turns out, the mountain bike was a good idea - there were three short stretches of path that had enough ice and snow on them that I would have had to dismount and walk the road bike. The rest, on the other hand, was totally clear.

One plus to the cold weather - I saw very few other people on the path. Three guys riding, two runners, and one fellow walking. Very nice!

I did spot dozens of robins, a few geese, a single deer - and at least two woodpeckers.

And this marks the 4th month of 2016 that I've gotten out riding... I'm definitely on track for another year of riding every month.

JMH