Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A VERY SHORT TEST RIDE
9.7 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Tuesday, May 17, 2016

I had decided to just walk up to the store tonight (I'm beat, and it's grey and windy) but then UPS delivered my new crankset a couple of days early... so of course I installed the new bottom bracket (longer spindle) and new cranks and headed over to the bike path to test it all out.

I noticed immediately that my gear ratios seemed off... my usual gears were much easier and higher gears that I rarely use felt like the usual ones. In fact - it felt an awful lot like the original crankset that came with the bike back in 2006! Tired and frustrated I ended the ride early... the only question was, did I order the wrong set or did the shop ship the wrong set?

Checked my note next to the computer and it showed what I remembered - 48/38/28. Checked the box from the new cranks and it showed what I suspected - 42/32/22. So I was all set to ask for an exchange - except when I pulled up the order, it showed that I'm a freakin' idiot and ordered the wrong gears. Aaaargh!

Hopefully it's only one of those days and not one of those weeks...

JMH