Monday, June 13, 2016

9.1 Mile Run in the Albany Pine Bush
Monday, June 13, 2016

Tough going today... despite not having run or ridden since last Wednesday, legs still seemed tired.

I tried something different - parked at DiCaprio Park in Schenectady, and first took the trail over to the Hunger Kill Barrens. In addition to the short loop, I also ran the trail connecting the loop to two of the local neighborhoods. And then headed back to the park, where I ditched my wind vest - when I started out I was worried the wind would be too chilly, but in the woods it was barely noticeable.

After that I headed over to the Madison Avenue "Pinelands" trailhead (they've thinned ie. cut down the majority of the pines there, turning it into more of the pine meadow) and then back. The woods are very green - a real contrast to my runs there earlier this year.

I have to say, given the state of my legs today - Greylock is looking less and less likely for Sunday.

JMH