Tuesday, June 14, 2016

WINDY...!
20.3 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path & Through Collins Park
Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Almost  perfect weather today... sunny and just warm enough. Unfortunately there was a stiff wind blowing from the west, which meant half the ride was wonderful and the other half was a struggle.

Wanted to do something different so I took the bridge over to Scotia and rode down to the far end of Collins Lake, then back to and through Collins Park. Not many geese around... there was a vehicle marked "wild goose control" and a gentleman with two border collies, which may have something to do with that. I know I've read about some of the local towns hiring him and the dogs to harass the geese and make them less likely to hang around in the local parks. And I can't blame them... as much as I like geese, there's too many of them. I'd be a strong supporter of culling the flocks if only someone was interested in using them as a source of food.

I'd been hoping to ride between 25-30 miles today, but the wind killed that plan... as it was, 20 miles seemed just about right.

JMH