Sunday, July 31, 2016

2 Mile Run at Thacher Park
Sunday, July 31, 2016

Since I was totally soaked already I decided to put in a little extra distance before getting back to the car. Went back up the hill toward the old sewage plant and ran along one of the new mountain biking trails, then along the Long Path behind the picnic area and over to and along the escarpment down to the under-construction visitors' center. And there was no question my legs had had enough by then.

Of course, it was mighty pleasant to finally get into dry clothes after about three hours of being soaked.

The original plan was that Ann would be here today, like she was at a couple of previous runnings over a decade ago, and I have to admit that I was just a little bit sad that she wasn't when I finished. But that was by far outweighed by how glad I was she wasn't stuck waiting for over 2 hours for me in the rain. And it was really good to just drive home after the race, instead of needing to head out to Rochester so she could be back to work tomorrow. I think changing our travel plans really worked out for the best.

JMH