Tuesday, January 31, 2017

GOOD TO BE RUNNING AGAIN!
6 Mile Run Around Albany
Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Ackk... it's been over a week since I last ran, mostly due to coming down with a nasty cold in the middle of last week, so tonight's chance to shake the rust out of my legs was very welcome, even more so because we got a bit of snow today (literally... maybe an inch, despite the fact that it's been snowing on and off since before noon.) Did something a little different and headed down toward the bright lights of Albany Med and the various colleges in the vicinity, then up Hacket (again literally... it's uphill for much of the initial stretch of Hacket), past the school, and into my usual stomping grounds in the Pine Hills neighborhood. Legs felt decent, which is reassuring given that I have a six hour race on Saturday afternoon and evening and hope to hit at least 15 miles before I'm done.

The one disadvantage to tonight's run is I didn't get out the door until after 7:30, so it's going to be a while before I can get to sleep - and as much as the kids all were hoping for a snow day tomorrow, I don't see that happening (recall, about an inch of snow in 8-9 hours.)

JMH