Friday, December 13, 2019

9.1 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Friday, December 13, 2019

 
Tonight wasn't ideal weather for riding - there was a very light spattering of rain the entire time - but I have no idea if I'll get another chance at 40 degree weather and the possibility of a rideable link between the Niskayuna and Colonie sections of the path that are plowed in the winter. And since I haven't yet hauled my fat bike up from the basement, riding over any snow or ice is a risky proposition. So after work I headed over to the mostly deserted Lions Park to do a little riding.

As it turned out I ended up walking about a quarter mile each way, where the snow and ice just hadn't melted enough for me to feel safe riding. The rest was slow going - both due to the wider tires on my bike for winter riding and the fact that not only haven't I ridden nearly enough this year, but in the last two months I've only ridden three times, which means my legs spent most of the ride objecting to what I was asking them to do. On other hand, I had the path mostly to myself, and I did see the heron I spotted Monday night and several bunnies dashed off into the brush as I rode toward them.

JMH