Friday, November 13, 2009

AARGH! No Dirt Cheap Stage Race For Me...
Friday, November 13, 2009

And I was really looking forward to running it, even though I was pretty sure it was going to be difficult and probably painful (especially the 11 mile leg on Sunday.)

Unfortunately, my car is currently in the shop, hopefully on its way to being repaired, and when I got to Enterprise tonight to pick up my amazingly cheap rental for the weekend - I found out that they needed a bunch of additional stuff for me to put the rental on my debit card (like a pay stub and a utility bill... what the heck?) And since my filing system alternates between being non-existent and chaos personified, I didn't have a prayer of putting my hands on what they needed before they closed for the night.

So I'm both bummed and ticked off, and right now I'd like to find the jackass who hit my car and kick him up one side of New York State and down the other for the aggravation and expense he's caused me.

Oh, well. Enough grumbling. There will be other races and in the grand scheme of things this is all pretty insignificant, no matter how annoying it is at the time.

JMH