Thursday, August 26, 2010

12 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Thursday, August 26, 2010

I had intended to go out for a longer ride this afternoon, but it was chilly and windy and I was tired, so in the end I called it a day a bit earlier than planned. Along the way I did get to see quite an assortment of birds along the river... it seemed like there were blue herons everywhere, and I spotted a couple of green herons down on the mat of water chestnuts near the old train station. I also spotted several egrets out on the river and had a great view of two hanging out at the top of a dead tree just off the bike path. I was also pleasantly surprised that the eagle was in his usual spot, but a bit earlier in the day than I typically see him... that let me get clearer pictures this time around.

I do need to start keeping one of my cycling jackets in the car... today it would have been a definite plus, and fall is just around the corner...