Friday, December 23, 2011

1.2 Mile Walk at Bauer Environmental Park
Friday, December 23, 2011

After braving Barnes & Noble this afternoon (and the traffic to and from Colonie Center) I wanted to get outside for a bit. Thought about the Pine Bush but ended up stopping at the Bauer Environmental Park on Sand Creek Rd. The last time I stopped there it was closed while the trails were being worked on - today I found out what that was all about.

Since I walked there in February 2010, the parking areas have been resurfaced and all the boardwalks have been completely rebuilt. (Actually, I didn't remember it being totally boardwalked, but that's how I described it after walking there last time and the photos I took then support that.) Right now the boardwalk stands out a bit; I imagine it will blend in to the surroundings a bit better once it's had some time to weather. All in all, an impressive bit of work for the Town of Colonie, and a pleasant walk through the woods for me this afternoon.

JMH